Yesterday saw the third race in this seasons Borders League competition, this time hosted by Abergele Harriers. The course slightly modified from last time, now a measured 5m race, it is the exact same one as used in the annual ‘Abergele 5m’ race.
For those not having done it, It now starts and finishes at same point at the end of the promenade in Pensarn and heads out on the cycle path to Llanddulas, before returning with a slight detour through the caravan park and back to the finish.
The conditions were pretty good for a race, a nice bright morning albeit cool and a little blustery at certain points, a side wind all the way as opposed to the strong headwind that you associate with a seafront race.
This resulted in 375 runners turning out and a massive 58 runners in a Buckley vest, a new club record. Again it was great to see some new faces making their debut in the blue vest.
As has come to be expected, the results were impressive. Clocking 2nd and 3rd place, 4 runners in the top 10, 9 runners in the top 30!!! and our top 10 counters being in the top 40, also not forgetting our top ladies being 5th and 6th too.
Overall member results are as follows:
|Rank||M Rank||F Rank||Name||Time||Category||Category|
|257||209||Daniel Mark HUGHES||38:37:00||SM||83|
All of this means the very impressive team results on the day were:
- Men 1st overall with 181 points
- Ladies 2nd with 68 points – only 5 points off 1st place too 🙁
- Men’s Vets 1st with 277 points
- Ladies Vets 1st with
So with 4 races to go, the current standings are:
- Men 1st overall with 800 points…next are Wallasey with 999
- Ladies 4th with 267 points…but still scope to move up
- Men’s Vets 1st with 952 points…next are Wallasey with 1136
- Ladies Vets 1st with 166…next are Chester Tri with 175
All results can be seen on the Border League site – here
The next race is at 11am on Sunday 18th February. It is hosted by Eryri Harriers and is measured 10k course at Caernarfon. It happens to be the same used in the annual Caernarfon 10k – Route is here!
Let’s see if we can have another record turnout, see you there!
Remaining races are as follows:
- Race 5 – Sunday 4th March – Staged by Tattenhall Runners at Tattenhall
- Race 6 – Sunday 8th April – Staged by Wrexham Tri at Mold
- Race 7 + Presentation – Wednesday 25th April (7:30pm) – Staged by Deestriders
…COME ON BUCKLEY!!!