Following the change in Welsh Government advice and using guidelines from Welsh Athletics, the Club Committee is pleased to announce the resumption of Club Training sessions.
However, there are firm guidelines that we have to follow to allow us to resume training in a safe and timely manner. ALL CLUB MEMBERS who intend to join a session must read and understand this document.
Return to Running – The Responsible Person. (Under Covid-19 regs)
The purpose of the Responsible Person is to ensure compliance with protocols set up by the club under guidance from Welsh Athletics and following our own risk assessment based on local conditions, requirements of Welsh Athletics and Welsh Government.
Your group must not exceed 12 people.
Before the activity
- Agree with the coach the time, route and type of activity
- Notify the Covid Officer (CO) of your activity.
- Identify members of the group
- Collect and record information for track, trace and protect. Every member of the group must provide you with full name (as on WA registration) WA registration number, contact number (mobile or home number or ICE number (In Case of Emergency)). This must be collected and recorded separately for every activity.
- Ensure that you have suitable resources as required by the risk assessment especially those required for dealing with any incident that requires you to compromise social distancing requirements. These are likely to include: -mobile phone, facemask, sanitising gel.
During the event
- To be present throughout the activity to ensure compliance with control measures such as hand sanitising, avoiding contact with any objects, not sharing of equipment or drinks and social distancing between participants and with third parties.
- Ensure that the track and trace data is in place for all participants (including yourself)
- If the data is not provide the runner will not be allowed to participate.
- Manage the activity as usual to ensure the general safety and enjoyment of all participants.
After the run
- Check everyone is back
- Record any incidents on the Track and trace sheet.
- Pass the record electronically to the CO within 12 hours of end of the activity. The record can be scanned and sent: –
- Store the record securely as back-up. After 30 days you must destroy the record.
REMINDER. This is data that is protected by GDPR. It is collected for the sole purpose of Track, Trace and Protect. It may not be used for any other purpose.