Not quite a club record, but still an amazing turnout of 56 Buckley Runners took part in the second Borders League race at Birkenhead Park yesterday, it was really good to see even more new members making their first appearance in the blue vest too.
This time hosted by Wallasey Athletic Club, the 5.5 mile course, consists of 4 laps of the upper park. The 390 runners who took part were awarded some decent weather for running, a nice cool and bright morning.
The gazebo was set up early and this time we had a couple of students giving out free pre-race massages, it seemed to be well received judging by the number of people who took part. Many thanks to Simon O’Brien for arranging.
Some of the headline results make for great reading:
- Ricky Challinor, winning the race (again) – Well Done Ricky!
- Buckley Men and Men’s Vets teams repeating their first race result by being first team on the day, leaving them in first place in the League after two races.
- Ceri Cook – 1st FV45
- Stephen Laker – 2nd MV45
- Gary Blackwell – 2nd MV50
- Les Coathup – 2nd MV65
- Margaret Ludden – 2nd FV55
- Steve Bellis – 3rd MV60
- Jane Lindley – 3rd FV50
Overall club results are as follows:
|342||258||Daniel Mark HUGHES||46:23:00||SM||89|
|378||112||Claire Louise WORRALL||50:23:00||FV40||18|
The next race is at 11am on Sunday 14th January. It is hosted by Abergele Harriers and is measure 5m course along the seafront from Pensarn. It happens to be the same used in this years Abergele 5m race – Route is here!
Let’s see if we can have a record turnout, see you there!
Remaining races are as follows:
- Race 4 – Sunday 18th February – Staged by Eryri Harriers at Caernarfon
- Race 5 – Sunday 4th March – Staged by Tattenhall Runners at Tattenhall
- Race 6 – Sunday 8th April – Staged by Wrexham Tri at Mold
- Race 7 + Presentation – Wednesday 25th April (7:30pm) – Staged by Deestriders